Kitchen Crafts 'n' More

Monday, January 12, 2009 Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Spice

Don't want to pay the inflated prices for a jar of pumpkin pie spice mix? Make your own...here's one recipe sent in by KCnM reader Roseanne:


Hi Christina:

I found a few different "recipes" for pumpkin pie spice. My recipe for pumpkin pie uses individual spices; however I had a few recipes for pumpkin bread and muffins that call for it.

I think it's one of those things that varies. I found several versions on-line and in cookbooks. This is the one that I mix up and use.

2 Tablespoons Cinnamom
1 Tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice

some of the recipes called for cloves or different proportions.

So, get creative and use this recipe as a starting point to create a yummy spice blend all your own. I would definitely add cloves, because I love that warm flavour it adds. Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,


Posted by HappySlob :: 6:58 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------