Kitchen Crafts 'n' More

Thursday, January 01, 2009 Chai Tea Latte - Make Your Own

Here's an email I received from Sue B. (a regular contributor) on making your own Chai Tea latte...I wanted to share the whole thing with everyone. :) Enjoy! And especially the delicious tea recipe she included...

I had never heard of Chai Tea Latte before and I am a tea todler from my childhood days when my Scottish born Mom would make a cup of tea for me to enjoy and a grownup treat and to this day, that is all I drink for refreshment. After checking many websites for this recipe, I choose the following recipe from a guy, Paul, who lives in Oregon and seems to know the secret in homemade Chai Tea.

INGREDIENTS: 4, 1 1/2in. slices of fresh ginger (use a vegetable peeler), 1, 2 inch cinnamin stick, 4 whole cloves, 1 heaping demitasse spoon powdered cardaom, 1, 6-inch vanilla bean cut up into 1 inch pieces, 1 dash nutmeg, 1 heaping tbsp. sugar, 1/4 cup honey, 3 Bigelow Darjeeling Blend tea bags, 2 cups H2O (water), 2 cups milk.
DIRECTIONS: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and toss in teabags then all other ingredients in order above. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add milk and bring to boil then take off heat Strain through strainer or coffee filters and serve hot or in a tall glass filled with ice. Refrigerate unused portion. To reheat: you may either heat any conventional way or froth with a cappuchino maker.

______________________
Do YOU know the secret to making great homemade Chai Tea lattes? Please post a comment or email me and I'll post it!

Labels: , ,


Posted by HappySlob :: 10:54 AM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------