Sunday, February 17, 2008
Household Hints Submitted by Readers
When I asked for new household hints - your FAVORITE household hints, in fact - I received lots of helpful emails! Here are the new household hints that were just submitted. You can find them and more stored for easy location at the household hints blog.
- Cleaning household hints - submitted by Sharon from PA - "I take an old rag into the shower with me. When I am done with my shower, I put soap on the rag and clean the shower and tub. Doing this daily keeps it clean and quick." (Hey Sharon, great idea! It sounds very much like the 'uncleaning' shower routine I teach in my Happy Slob's Guide to Housecleaning!
- Household hints (cleaning) - submitted by Patricia N. - "Do one thing everyday and remember that no one's house really looks like a magazine picture all the time, it only looks like that when the kids and husband aren't home."
- Up and down stairs cleaning trick - submitted by Kristina - "If you have stairs never go up with out taking something up, and never go down with out taking something down. It's the one thing I have brainwashed my kids to do. It actually works to keep clutter at bay." (Love this idea, Kristina!)
- New use for coffee filters - submitted by Gretta - "using coffee filters instead of paper towels, they don't stick to fried foods."
- Housecleaning every day - submitted by Peggy - "to do at least some housework every day...otherwise, it multiplies during the night...
sort of like Captain Kirk and "The Trouble with Tribbles"." (LOL one of the funnier emails I received, thanks Peggy!)
- Cleaning copper household hint - submitted by Gladys - "cleaning the copper bottoms of my pans,,with 2 tablespoons white vinegar and 2 teaspoons salt and was/rub litely with dish rag and rinse,,viola sparkling clean." (Wonderful, Gladys! I'm going to give this one a try, and if it works as well as you says I'll have to post it on my Happy Slob's Housecleaning site too!)
- Cleaning for kids tip - submitted by Cindy - "Assign chores to the kiddos. They make most ofthe mess anyway. It is great for teaching responsibility and a wonderful penalty instead of spanking."
- Cleaning countertops with peroxide - submitted by Tracy Ann - "To get the gunk out from the area where the sink meets the counter top (or sometimes behind the taps where the sink meets the countertop), I pour some peroxide on an old toothbrush I keep for that purpose. The peroxide I get from my drug store in the first-aid section. I find that it lifts that entire gunk out and the counter top looks amazingly cleaner."
Thanks so much for these great new household tips, everyone! I hope all of you subscribers will get to try at least one or two.
Labels: bathroom cleaning, cleaning copper, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning with kids, coffee filters, happy slob, household hints, peroxide, shower cleaning, tips and hints
Posted by HappySlob ::
12:05 PM ::
Post / Read Comments