Kitchen Crafts 'n' More

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 The Easiest Way to Sterilize Canning Jars - Using the Dishwasher

Here was a recent question from one of our KCnM newsletters, and the answer from Sandy!

"What is the easiest way to can fruits and veggies foruse over the winter? I've heard that you can use thedishwasher somehow to get your canning jarssterilized...is that true??"

I have been using my dish washer for 20 years to clean and sterilize my canning jars. Keeps them nice and warm while waiting for what ever it is I select to can. I do suggest buying a pressure cooker. I just purchased a new larger one which holds 19 quarts. WOW what a difference! It's worth every penny. The time was more than cut in half.So boil the lids for a minute and wipe the tops of the jars clean before using the lids with the screw tops.
Sandy

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by HappySlob :: 8:13 AM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------