Kitchen Crafts 'n' More

Sunday, August 12, 2007 Problems making Royal Icing - Readers Cooking Questions

Here is an email I recently received from Bridget. If anyone can help, please send in your comments to me at christina@happyslob.com , and I'll post them here or on our regular website

Hi,
I have used many of your tips on this website. I would like to ask a question about Royal Icing. I have a problem with mine and I can't figure out what is wrong. My icing mixes up great, looks good going on but never seems to dry all of the way through. It's still soft inside, like a shell forms on the outside. Also, when I packaged up my last batch in celo bags, within about 3 hours time, they began to "sweat". Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening. This has occured both with egg whites and with using the merigue powder. Help!

Posted by HappySlob :: 2:22 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------