Kitchen Crafts 'n' More

Thursday, December 23, 2010 Newsletter: Cat Litter, Oil and Vinegar Dispensers, and Cleaning Brass

Kitchen Crafts 'n' More
for December 23, 2010


Tip of the Day: Cleaning a Glasstop Stove
Here's an oldie but goodie tip, from a newsletter from back in 2006. A fabulously frugal way to clean your glasstop stove...Marilyn in Florida suggests:"I know that most people know about the virtues of baking soda, but I would like to put my two cents in! I have spent countless hours trying to scrub my ceramic cook top to get all the burnt on foods off. I've used the commercial cleaner that came with my stove, SOS pads and even the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I finally poured baking soda on the food, dampened it with water to make a paste, and let it sit for 15 minutes or so. The burnt food came off in one wipe! I am now a true believer in the power of baking soda! I've saved money, time and my elbows."

Favorite Things: Lampe Berger Lamps
One little appliance can do so much! Lampe Berger lamps originated in France, originally intended to help hospitals keep the air clean, and to remove odors. Now available widely in North America, people use them for keeping the air in their homes cleaner - they are proven to remove 67% of airborne bacteria, and they add a lovely scent to your home. Learn more about this handy home helper, at 3 Ways I Use My Lampe Berger Burner . The scented fuels available range from grapefruit or green apple, to fresh linen or luxurious perfume blends.

Kitchen Gadgets That You'll Use - Let's be honest; some gadgets only look good in the store, but then live a pretty boring life in your kitchen cabinets! But some gadgets are really useful. The gadget of the day is: The Trudeau Perfect Mix oil and vinegar bottle - it perfectly pours out just the right proportions of oil and vinegar. This is one of the hottest, handiest gadgets of the season! It is just right for any salad lover...

A Few Cleaning Hints

Frugal, Filling Lentil Soup - Finally, here's a filling and delicious soup to make while the weather is so cold! It's inexpensive, healthy and makes a lot - so you can fill the freezer with leftovers to heat up for a simple supper another time.


Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by HappySlob :: 7:48 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------