Wednesday, July 29, 2009
New Dog Treats Recipe - Yummy Homemade Treats for Your Pooches
Dog Treat Recipe
Big thanks to PJ for sending in!
A little treat to keep your "best friend" happy!
1/4 cup hot tap water
8 chicken bouillon cubes
1 package active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1-1/2 cups tomato juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups wheat germ
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1. Pour the water into a large bowl. Add the chicken cubes & crush them with a fork. Stir in the yeast & sugar & let stand for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomato juice, 1 cp all-purpose flour & the wheat germ. Stir with a large spoon to form a smooth batter. Then stir in the remaining all-purpose & whole-wheat flours. This will make the dough very dry & stiff.
3. Take a couple of handfuls of dough out & work into a small ball shape. Then, with a rolling pin, flatten the balls on a lightly floured surface. Cut with our dogbone cutters. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour.
4. Now use a cookie cutter to cut out your dog treats.
5. Finally, use a spatula to put your dog treats onto a cookie sheet. Then bake at 325° for 20-30 minutes.
6. Serve with a bowl of water & a nice big bone!
P.S. Make these even more special by cutting out with a cute Dog Bone Cookie Cutter
Labels: homemade dog cookies, homemade dog treats, make your own doggy treats
Posted by HappySlob ::
9:59 AM ::
Post / Read Comments