Saturday, April 04, 2009
Natural Peanut Butter (or Nut Butter) Cookies - Sweetened with Honey
Natural Nut Butter Cookies
These are my new favorites! Absolutely delicious, incredibly easy to whip together - AND - easy to create in a gluten free form. There's no dairy in here, so they're also perfect for anyone with lactose intolerance. Enjoy!
1 cup peanut butter (or your choice of almond butter, walnut butter, any nut butter will work)
1/2 cup honey (I oil the measuring cup slightly before pouring the honey in - that way it all slides right out without sticking)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg (optional - but I like using it; it helps bind the ingredients together)
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional - if you're using PB without added salt, I'd add this)
1 1/2 - 2 cups flour (brown rice flour, buckwheat, or regular all-purpose if that's what you have)
Optional Add Ins:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped toasted nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine nut butter, honey and egg until well combined.
- Add vanilla, and then start mixing in the flour. Depending on the type of flour you're using, you'll need more or less. I used about 1 1/2 cups of brown rice flour and these cookies were perfect. Add flour until the cookie dough is thick, but not too stiff. Add the add-ins if you're using. (With chocolate chips these are ridiculously good!)
- Roll dough into balls, place on a greased cookie sheet and then press with a fork to create a criss-cross effect.
- Bake 9-12 minutes, watching carefully. If you have a hot oven like I do, reduce the temp to 325 and bake just until browned. These do burn easily, so keep an eye on them.
- Remove cookies onto a cooling rack and let them cool before eating.
- Enjoy! These freeze beautifully too.
Labels: easy peanut butter cookies, gluten free peanut butter cookies, natural cookie recipes
Posted by HappySlob ::
9:16 AM ::
Post / Read Comments