Friday, November 23, 2007
Free Recipes - Spicy Eggplant Dip
Looking for a fabulous new hot and spicy dip recipe? Try this one, submitted by KCnM reader Jeannie!
Spicy Eggplant Dip
Eggplant with an added kick makes this a unique dip for your next dinner party.
2 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Line a heavy baking sheet with foil.
2. Brush the cut sides of the eggplant with 1 tablespoon of the oil and arrange cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake until cut sides are browned and eggplant is soft (about 25 minutes).
3. Combine remaining oil and garlic in a skillet and heat over low heat until garlic sizzles. Stir in cumin and remove from heat.
4. Scoop out softened eggplant, chop finely and then add to skillet. Add ginger, bell pepper, and parsley. Stir mixture over low heat until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
NUTRITION INFO (per serving)
Fat: 3.6 g
Carbohydrates: 5.3 g
Protein: 0.7 g
Rachael Ray Cookware and Gadgets
@ the KCnM Kitchen Shop Online!
Get a Furi Eastern-style knife like Rachael
uses on her show!
Labels: appetizers, eggplant, garlic, hot dips, rachael ray
Posted by HappySlob ::
6:59 PM ::
Post / Read Comments