Kitchen Crafts 'n' More

Monday, July 02, 2007 Recipe Found for Spinach Salad with Brown Sugar Salad Dressing

Here's an email I received from Laura:
Here's a recipe request for Tuesday, June 26, submitted by Netta: "I've been trying to find a Spinach Salad recipe that my Dad use to fix. The dressing consisted of brown sugar and oil, I think. The salad has spinach, red onion, and . . . ? My Dad is long gone and I can't seem to find the recipe. Please help."
I found this recipe I hope it helps Netta:

Spinach Salad
Easy and delicious especially the dressing!
Ingredients
1 bunch Fresh torn spinach
2 cups Fresh bean sprouts
1 8-oz Can sliced water chestnuts, drained
4 Hard-cooked eggs, chopped
6 Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 Small onion, thinly sliced

Dressing
1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
1/3 cup Vinegar
1/3 cup Ketchup
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Preparation
In a large bowl, combine spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, eggs, bacon, and onion.
In a bottle or jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Cover and shake well to mix.
Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss.

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by HappySlob :: 1:20 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------