I'm a freelance writer with a laid back approach to most everything! Happily married to my truest friend, who believes in me even when it doesn't make sense to. View my complete profile
Hate house cleaning? Yeah, we all do! Drop by my cleaning website today and
get your copy of:
The Happy Slob's Guide to
Housecleaning for the EASIEST solution to house cleaning ever! It's fun, practical
AND will help you spend WAY less time cleaning...so you can do all that other stuff you love.
Makes 12 servings Prep: 25 minutes Freeze: 4 hours or overnight Bake: 25 minutes Cool: 1 hour Stand: 1 hour Ingredients 1 recipe Chocolate-Pecan Ice Cream "Frosting" 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 ounces sweet baking chocolate 1/4 cup water 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup sugar 2 eggs 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk Caramel ice cream topping 2/3 cup toasted shaved coconut**
1. Prepare Chocolate-Pecan Ice Cream "Frosting." Cover and freeze. Line twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a small saucepan combine chocolate and water. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; cool about 10 minutes.
4. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed until combined then beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Beat in chocolate mixture. Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to beaten mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Spoon batter into bake cups, filling cups about 2/3 full.
5. Bake about 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool thoroughly.
6. Just before serving, heat caramel ice cream topping until warm. Remove wrappers from cupcakes; place cupcakes on plates or in shallow bowls. Top each cupcake with one round of Chocolate-Pecan Ice Cream "Frosting." Top with toasted coconut and drizzle with warm caramel ice cream topping. Makes 12 servings.
*Toasted Coconut: With vegetable peeler, shave strips of coconut from a peeled, halved coconut. Place in a shallow baking pan. Toast in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. You may also use purchased raw chip coconut, but only toast for 2 to 3 minutes.
**Chocolate-Pecan Ice Cream "Frosting": Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper; set aside. Slice 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream into sheets about 2 inches thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut rounds just larger than the cupcakes from frozen ice cream. Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Press 3/4 to 1 cup toasted pecan pieces into ice cream letting pecans protrude from the ice cream. Cover and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
Posted by HappySlob ::
9:02 AM ::