Monday, August 28, 2006
The Benefits of Soy Candles vs. Traditional Wax Candles
Here are some great reasons to try soy candles, a more natural alternative:
- Soy candles last on average 50% longer than traditional candles
- Soy candles burn slower and cooler, allowing a better distribution of the scents
- Soy candles are an environmentally friendlier option - they are made from soy beans, a renewable resource. Paraffin candles are made from petroleum products - a non-renewable resource.
- Soy candles are better for anyone with allergies - they tend to cause fewer allergic reactions
- Soy candles are a cleaner burning candle - they don't create as much soot
If a candle doesn't specifically have a soy label, then assume it's a paraffin candle. If you're looking for some wonderful, high-quality soy candles to try, I recommend:
Banana Nut Bread Scented Soy Candle
Smells as delicious as home baking - a great big 18 oz candle in a cute jar.
WholeMade Natural Handpoured Soy Candles
Beautiful, pure candles that are handpoured. Made of 100% biodegradable soy and vegetable waxes. A soothing Patchouli fragrance - lovely.
Posted by HappySlob ::
10:28 PM ::
Post / Read Comments