Monday, August 28, 2006
Choosing Linens You'll Love - Bed Sheets, Sheet Counts, etc
Nothing is better at the end of a long day than crawling into bed with cozy sheets. Whether you prefer luxurious satin, or cozy flannel wrapped around you - it all equals comfort.
Here are a few tips for choosing great sheets:
- Try a color scheme with slightly different variations of a color you love - let's say green. It adds extra interest to have different colored sheets all within the same range of color.
- Check with your favorite department stores (also online) to see when they have their annual white sales - which means selling off sheets and linens, definitely not all white! :)
- Try the new t-shirt jersey knit sheets. They are just as comfy as your favorite t-shirt!
- Just what is a thread count anyway? A thread count simply refers to the softness of the end product - usually. But, don't trust a thread count alone- those fun t-shirt sheets I talked about in the last point have a very low thread count, and yet are incredibly soft and comfortable.
- A recent report by Consumer Reports states that an average thread count of between 180 to 200 provides both adequate softness and comfort AND great durability.
- Sheets are great accents in other ways around your home - window coverings, or as a way to cover up old sofas or chairs that aren't terribly fashionable anymore.
Have a tip on buying sheets? Send it in to me at email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by HappySlob ::
10:20 PM ::
Post / Read Comments