Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Delicious and Simple Lemon and Honey Iced Tea
Delicious and Simple Lemon Honey Iced Tea
For everyone who wants a refreshing drink this summer, but doesn't want the chemicals or processed sugar that come with the mixes you can purchase at the supermarket. Iced tea is so easy to make! Try varying the types of tea you use, to come up with deliciously unique combinations.
- Heavy duty heat-safe glass jug with lid (I like making mine in Bormioli Rocco Frigoverre Jugs ). Between 1-2 liters in size
- 2-4 black tea bags (Earl Grey also makes delicious iced tea)
- 1-4 tablespoons of honey (optional: no need if you like it unsweetened)
- 1/2-1 lemon, freshly squeezed (can also substitute limes)
- Plop a few tea bags in the jug. Pour boiling water over, and let steep for anywhere from 5-10 minutes or longer if you like really strong tea.
- Remove tea bags after the tea has reached the strength level you prefer.
- Add the squeeze of honey and lemon juice to the jug while the tea is hot, so that the honey in particular gets thoroughly blended into the tea.
- Refrigerate the tea, and serve once cold with plenty of ice and a wedge of additional lemon or lime. It's SO refreshing and good!
Labels: easy recipes, frugal food and drink, frugal summer beverages, homemade not store bought, iced tea, lemons, limes, make it yourself iced tea
Posted by HappySlob ::
10:36 AM ::
Post / Read Comments