Kitchen Crafts 'n' More

Friday, September 22, 2006 Breakfast and Brunch Recipes: Scrambled Eggs in Croissant Cups

Croissant Egg Cups
Submitted by Shannon (now known as the brunch queen!)

Scramble enough eggs for your family. Add meats and cheeses to your taste. I like goat's cheese and crumbled sausage. My son would rather poke his eye out with a tinker toy stick that eat goat's cheese (only when he knows I'm using it...heh heh heh). I also prefer to use evaporated milk rather than regular milk. The eggs turn out so much creamier. You'll need 4 crescent triangles for one person, so make sure when you're buying the cresecent rolls, that you buy enough for 4 per person. Don't buy the jumbo kind. They get too big. I usually just buy whatever generic brand there is. Be sure to check the expiration date. I forgot one time, and got home with an old can, and I didn't realize it until I tried unrolling them. I knew something was wrong instantly!Unroll them. Leave them in rectangles and pinch the seams really tight. Spray a deep muffin pan with Pam. Lay one rectangle in the muffin well, then lay another one across it so it looks like a cross. Smush the dough down into the wells and make sure it's smushed well, and make sure any overlapping is pinched or smushed together. Overhang is fine. Bake until golden and puffed up, per instructions on can. I like to stick my finger in the cooled cups to make room for the scrambled eggs. Really open the cups up. Scoop as much of the scrambled eggs into each cup as you can. Serve with fresh fruit and preserves of your choice (for the croissant cup), and Mimosas.

Posted by HappySlob :: 8:36 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------