Sunday, March 11, 2007
Cleaning and Repairing Eyeglasses - Easy Household Tips and Hints
I wear glasses, and like so many of us - I find that my glasses are always dirty! Here are a few tips that will help all of us to keep our glasses clean and scratch-free:
- Here's my favorite homemade eyeglass cleaning formula, sent in to my KCnM Newsletter years ago.
- Apparently, cigarette ashes helps to remove scratches from eyeglass lenses! just make a paste of old cigarette ashes (I know, sort of icky...but if it works, it works!) and apply to the scratches on the lens. Repeat a few times, and then wash away with water and buff gently with a lint-free cleaning cloth.
- Since smooth peanut butter helps to remove scratches from CD's, it might also work on eyeglasses. Gently apply a bit to the scratched surface of the glasses, and then buff clean. Please let me know how this tip works for you!
- Baby oil might also work when used to buff out scratches in eye glasses.
- Another great way to clean glasses is VERY simple - just use a drop of regular dishwashing liquid (the smallest drop possible) and use cool water to wash with a lint free cloth. Use another lint free cloth - or my favorite microfiber cloths - to wipe the glasses clean, without streaks or any bits of lint left behind.
Labels: ashes, buffing, cleaning, eyeglasses, formulas, glasses, household hints, how to, peanut butter
Posted by HappySlob ::
11:34 AM ::
Post / Read Comments